Picture
This cowl scarf is so easy to make! I made this one in just a few minutes and it looks so stylish and warm. I had this plaid fabric scrap laying since I made some Christmas stockings with it a few years back. Yes, I said years. Tell me I'm not the only with a fabric stash here ;)

The plaid has some ivory in it and I thought it would look fabulous with this rose minky fabric
You can use really any fabric for this scarf. Just remember if you use a stretch fabric to use stretch stitches instead of the straight stitch! I like to pair a warm fuzzy fabric for the inside, but that is completely up to you!

I hope you really enjoy this tutorial and let me know what you think of this style in the comments below? Would you wear it?

Melanie
oxoxox

SUPPLIES:

• 1/4 Yard of Fabric (Outer)
  • 1/4 Yard of Fabric (Lining)
  • Thread
Picture
First thing you need to do is cut out two rectangles measuring 9" x  32"
You need to do this for each fabric, one for the outer and one for the lining.
Picture
Lay your two rectangles together right sides facing. Sew down both long edges.
Picture
You should now have a long tube shape, fold it inside itself so that the raw edges are together and you still have a tube that you can put your hand through.
Picture
Your raw edges should match each other like in the picture!
Picture
Make sure your seams match and sew around.  You should be sewing around the loop and make sure you're only sewing through two layers. Leave a small opening about 3" wide.
Picture
Turn everything right sides out, pulling it though your opening.
Almost done!!
Picture
Sew closed the opening. I just folded the opening together, raw edges folded towards the inside and sewed really close to the edge you can also hand sewing your opening closed.

Check out these other tutorials:

Picture

Check out these patterns for sale:

Picture

Comments

01/05/2017 9:23pm

That looks so soft and warm! I've got a Craft Gossip post scheduled for tomorrow morning that features your tutorial: http://sewing.craftgossip.com/?p=91145 --Anne

Melanie
01/06/2017 5:44pm

Thanks for the feature!

01/22/2017 2:39am

You did a pretty good job there! Nowadays, do it yourself crafts are now a thing. You can exude your creativity in these types of crafts. I have never made a do it yourself scarf, but I was able to do a DIY basket! It was an amazing experience and my coworkers liked it. They even asked me where I bought it. It opened up an opportunity to start a business. It's now a growing business and I'm happy about it! Keep it up!

Many fashion companies offers this type of patterns in cheap price but your service is really appreciable. I must share this article with my friends who are looking fashion blog post to buy some products.

01/24/2017 8:45pm

The scarf looks really stylish! Well done Melanie! You really nailed this one. Look at the fabric, it looks really soft and smooth. I bet this is really good to wear. The design is really superb! Thank you for the tutorial! I might as well try making this one since my sister will be celebrating her 16th birthday this coming February. I am sure she will love this.

03/01/2017 11:27am

Do you believe? Just a ten minutes and you are ready to go!

Jolee
01/17/2017 9:08pm

Am always looking for basic fast sewing crafts. Thank You so very much

Darla L
01/21/2017 7:21pm

I made this scarf last weekend. I used fleece and minky fabrics. It was super easy and your directions were easy to follow. Thank you for this project.

Juanita
01/22/2017 8:56am

Don't usually wear scarfs, but this one definitely! Plan to make for myself and family. Thank you